Meta descriptions for your web pages can improve the chances of your site being found and clicked on. In Short Meta description tags are very important to optimize your blog in search results. you can finally add meta description to individual posts and pages on Blogger! This new feature is only one of several new features added by Blogger aiming at improving its SEO (Search Engine Optimization). With new Blogger interface we can add a meta description tag to Blogger blog without editing template's HTML. But you can not add meta keywords to your blog using Blogger Settings. (Meta Descriptions, which are HTML attributes that provide concise explanations of the contents of web pages, are commonly used by search engines on search result pages to display preview snippets for a given page. (from http://www.seomoz.org) ). A good description increases the post’s chances of getting clicked. So Lets start the tutorial.
Enable & Add Meta Description
Blog Meta Description - This is a description of your entire blog.You use this to describe your entire blog to search engines.
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard>> Settings >> Search preferences > Meta tags > Description and click the Edit link. (Like Screenshot Below)
2. Enter the meta description for your blog. This meta description will appear on your homepage and other multi-post pages.
3. Click Save Changes button.
Adding Meta Description To individual Pages
Posts Meta Description - This is a description added to every individual post on your blog.You use this to tell search engines what each post is about.
1. In your post editor see right side panel under Post Settings click search description option ( This option appears only after you enabled search description in step1)
Verify Your Meta Description
You can verify your meta description by using this free meta tag checker tools
- Free Meta checker Tools
If none of the meta descriptions appear, chances are your template does not contain the necessary code to import the meta description from Blogger database.
1. Go To Blogger Dashbaord>> Template >> Edit HTML and find the following code.
2. and paste the following code before/above <b:skin><![CDATA[
<b:if cond='data:blog.metaDescription != ""'> <meta expr:content='data:blog.metaDescription' name='description'/> </b:if>
3. and verify again. I just hope this tutorial would be helpful for all of you. The steps are extremely simple and easy. Wish you all the best with your blogging endeavors. Happy blogging. If you face any trouble please feel free to post any query below in comment box. stay tuned for daily updates by subscribing our blog. subscribe our RSS Feed or Email Feed Below.