Checking your internet speed is helpful and a good idea to do periodically. If you are having a problem downloading or opening web pages, knowing how to check internet speed is handy for troubleshooting. There many factors that affect your speed of the internet such as DNS server request and response, crowded network etc. There are many third party software's available to test your internet speed. Here are a few bandwidth speed test meters where you can check the upload and download stats and other stats too. These three are reliable compare to other bandwidth test meters. SpeedTest.net also lunched applications for different mobile platforms you can it these apps on there website. Share and compare your speed results with friends quickly and easily or get a free Account to track multiple connections.
Most of the persons known about speedtest.net. This tool automatically connects to your server and downloads/uploads a file and calculates the average speed of download and upload and connection speed.
Why Your Mobile/Wifi Internet Speed is Less Then Computer
- Differences in available bandwidth: Make sure that the tests don't overlap each other, as each test needs to have your entire bandwidth to itself. Additionally, make sure nothing else is downloading at the same time.
- Differences in connection: Make sure the phone and your computer are actually testing on the same connection. You may have Wi-Fi turned off, and accidentally be testing your cellular speeds instead.
- Differences in hardware: If you're both on a Wi-Fi connection, know that phones and tablets typically have less sophisticated Wi-Fi antennae than larger devices like laptops. Phones are can't reach the 5 Ghz frequency and supporting fewer "spatial streams" than modern laptops. These differences may negatively impact your phone's Wi-Fi speed, especially in areas of high interference on the 2.4 Ghz Wi-fi frequency. Even in ideal conditions, fastest phones may only reach 35 mbps over wifi.
Here's how to do it.1. Close all applications before running the speed test. You don't want sluggish applications interfering with the measurement of your internet speed. Make sure your internet is connected.
2. Open your browser and in address bar write speedtest.net and press enter. You will also find a number of sources in Google search results.
3. and click on begin see screen shot below.
4. When speed test server complete there process it will show you complete information about your internet connection, Like Ping, Download Speed, Upload even your internet server location..
Note:- Remember there isn't a need to call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) if your speed isn't exactly what your service agreement says you have. All service varies somewhat from what's on paper. There are numerous aspects that affect internet speed. The speed of your home connection might well vary from one day to the next, and even throughout the day.