A closer look at jQuery Mobile
What all does jQuery Mobile do?
- It renders several new custom events that allow you to detect mobile and touch specific activities including tapping, swiping, tapping and holding, rotating the device and many more.
- It utilizes progressive enhancement for ascertaining that the app interface works brilliantly on any web-enabled device.
- It utilizes a series of themes that make it simple for you to customize the overall look of your application.
Unveiling the jQuery Mobile Page Structure
Well, a majority of pages in your jQuery Mobile web apps will include the following basic template:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.0a1/jquery.mobile-1.0a1.min.css" />
<p>Page content goes here.</p>
The three things that you need to include in your page for using jQuery Mobile are:
- jQuery Mobile CSS file(jquery.mobile-1.0a1.min.css)
- jQuery library(jquery-1.4.3.min.js)
- jQuery Mobile library(jquery.mobile-1.0a1.min.js)
One of the best things about the jQuery Mobile Page structure is that you can easily create multiple pages within a single HTML page, resulting into a smoother user experience.
Ajax navigation adds to the excellence of jQuery Mobile
Ajax works as the right tool for making mobile user experience as smooth as possible. In-line with this fact, jQuery Mobile uses Ajax for allowing the linked pages to get loaded by default. In simple words, instead of the browser following a specific link for opening a new page, jQuery Mobile simply intercepts the link, requests the focused page via Ajax, followed by incorporating the new page content into the focused page's DOM. And that's not all, Ajax also allows jQuery Mobile developers to use URL hashes for ensuring that each page receives its individual and 100% unique bookmark able URL.
jQuery Mobile reflects a greater potential for mobile web app development
The flexibility and easily theme able design of jQuery Mobile has made the framework stand out from the crowd of mobile web app development frameworks. So, get going and opt for utilizing the features of jQuery Mobile for delivering high-quality apps that run on varied platforms.
About Emily Heming
Emily Heming is an iPhone app developer and blogger and Currently working at Xicom Technologies. A Mobile apps development services provider which offers the reliable iPhone development services.